Working under the direction of the VP, FP&A, the Financial Analyst will assist in generating the Company’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. S/he will provide strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision-making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
• Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
• Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
• Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
• Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
• Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs, menu pricing, new store rollouts as well as new projects
• Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
• Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
• Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
• 3+ years experience on an FP&A team
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
• Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Mastery of Mac OS and Windows applications.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
• Adheres to all requirements for confidentiality of corporate, finance and R&D information.
• Adheres to direction from management on distribution controls, secure filing and disposal, records retention and storage for drawings, contracts and other sensitive materials.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
Beats is an Equal Opportunity Employer.