Medical Receptionist (Temporary)
|# of openings:||1|
Premier Physical Therapy & Wellness established in 2000 is a growing private practice with six locations in New York City, three in Westchester (Hartsdale, Eastchester, Katonah), and two in Connecticut (Norwalk and Darien). Our practice is recognized by Tri-State NY-Metro Area physicians as one of the leading physical therapy practices in New York City, Westchester, and Connecticut. Premier Physical Therapy is a participating member of both the NYU Langone Medical Center Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Network and the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) Rehabilitation Network. Please visit us on the web at www.premierptny.com to learn more about our practice.
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 3:30PM to 8:00PM
• Experience as a receptionist, preferably in a healthcare setting
• Warm outgoing personality
• Ability to work closely with others and to complete tasks as a member of a team
• Excellent telephone skills and etiquette, demonstrated experience in managing multiple phone lines
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work accurately and efficiently
• Must have computer knowledge, Microsoft Excel, and Word experience a must
• Knowledge of authorization and verification of patient insurance benefits
• Basic knowledge of medical billing procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Greet patients; be courteous, polite and helpful at all times when representing Premier Physical Therapy & Wellness.
• Respect and maintain privacy and dignity of patients; knowledge and experience with HIPPA guidelines with respect to assuring patient confidentiality at all times.
• Provide efficient and professional telephone services; transfer calls according to established policy.
• Register patients according to practice policy.
• Determine patient eligibility and benefits for Premier Physical Therapy & Wellness services; assist patients in accurately completing appropriate forms, and document all information according to Premier policy.
• Schedule appointments for patients.
• Collect and post patient payments; prepare daily financial close-out and submit all forms and fees to the medical billing department.
• Maintain forms and office supplies required for front desk activities.
• Open the building at the designated time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours.
• Close the practice at the end of each working day; assure the readiness of the reception area for the following work day.
• Participate in staff meetings designed for employee development.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results