Provides engineering support for the designing of valves, actuators and hydraulic power units (HPUs).
Essential Job Function
- Performs design calculations for valves, HPUs and actuators base on customer specifications and codes
- Reviews customer technical specs for designing valves, HPUs and actuators during the quotation stage
- Generates quote drawings using computer aided design (CAD) and/or Pro-E as required
- May at times perform duties as a field service engineer at job site
- Provides technical support to customers, engineering, manufacturing and field service
- Assist customer in commissioning maintenance and repair valves and actuators during shut down periods
Performs other job-related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Educations and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, preferred or equivalent experience
- At least five to seven (5-7) years of related experience as a design engineer
- Previous experience with ASME code valves required and FCCU equipment preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills\
- Drafting in AUTOCAD and PRO E
- Strong computer skills (including MS Office)