Planned Systems International is currently seeking Simulation Coordinators to support our future efforts in support of the U.S. Air Force Medical Modeling and Simulation Training project.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
Simulation Coordinators have overall responsibility for management of the simulation program at their treatment facilities based upon the premises of quality customer service, coordination, and execution. They will work in conjunction with the simulation operator and their treatment facilities Education and Training (E&T) personnel. The Simulation Coordinator shall be experienced and fully capable of providing support for the following services:
- The candidate will perform a learning needs assessment, and design a simulation plan to address the identified needs.
- Individually responsible for enterprise-wide initiatives such as but not limited to, creation of combat, clinical, and air evacuation/critical care air transport simulation scenarios; research and development efforts; military utility equipment testing; and beta testing of educational tools and programs.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and operating part-task trainers, high fidelity simulators, and surgical simulators (at some sites) in addition to the necessary supporting supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills proficiency, such as timely feedback, performance appraisal, handling conflict in the workplace, documenting subordinate behavior that does not meet identified standards, team building proficiency, and motivating staff toward desired outcomes.
- Plan educational activities based on assessed training needs. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Helping to develop and market utilization of standardized evaluation scenarios
- Advise Functional Training Managers on simulator capabilities
- Coordinate standardized courses which lend themselves to simulation including, but not limited to: Basic Cardiac Life Support, Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Trauma Nurse Corps Curriculum.
- Support simulation needs of formalized training programs as appropriate (Phase I/II, Officer Supplemental Courses such as the Nurse Transition Program, Graduate Medical Education, and others)
- Assist organizational personnel in the planning process related to clinical rotations at designated organizations. In collaboration with Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) functional managers, the simulation coordinator will plan simulation activities to augment clinical rotations.
- Assess the suitability of simulation scenarios already developed and adopt or adapt them as appropriate.
- Ensure simulation equipment is available and in good working order
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical and critical care experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in education/training or a minimum of 10 years or more of clinical experience and 5 years of educational experience.
- Background in the education and training of adult learners.
- Minimum of 5 years managing people, programs, or projects.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Formal experience in, or knowledge of, medical training; experience in simulation and in trauma.
- Military experience, particularly military medical and deployment experience.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.