Shuttle Driver-Class B
|Location:||Newport Beach, CA|
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for the safe transportation, loading and unloading of passengers to and from designations, and to ensure that all activities support the safety and welfare of all passengeers. The position is also responsible for the following, but not limited to:
Essential Functions and Tasks:
· Provide daily transportation for passengers to and from destinations. Transportation may also include special charters and events.
· Perform pre- and post inspection activities to ensure proper operating conditions, adherence to prescribed Department of Transportation standards, and compliance with proper safety standards.
· Ensure the loading and unloading of passengers to and from destinations, to include operation of specialized equipment for unloading passenger with special needs, (i.e. wheel chair lifts and tie-downs).
· Perform routine cleaning and bus maintenance activities; maintain need and orderly appearance to include assigned uniforms.
· Conduct re-fueling activities, to include maintaining assigned fuel usage logs.
· Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with passengers, co-workers, shift coordinators, supervisors, managers, etc.
· Anticipate guest needs wherever possible and exhibit a sincere desire to meet or exceed them.
· Use two-way radio to interact with dispatch office and/or supervisor.
· Greet every passenger and offer to lift and carry baggage onto the shuttle for storage.
· Provide customers with a space reminder & educate passengers where to catch the shuttle upon their return to the airport/hotel/location.
· Inform guests/visitors of parking services and fees, direct them to their intended destination and offer an appropriate closing comment.
· Report accidents, problems, and other required shuttle bus information (both mechanical and cosmetic) to management.
· Keep the shuttle bus secure and follow all safety procedures.
· Maintain alertness and be observant of any activity, both authorized and unauthorized, and take appropriate actions.
· Adhere to all safety codes and OSHA standard.
· Respond to all guest/visitor inquiries and resolve service discrepancies accordingly.
· Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned.
· This job description is subject to change at any time at the discretion of management.
· Must be at least 21 years old and possess a high school diploma or equivalent
· Must have valid CDL License (Class B) with Passenger endorsement
· Must submit to and pass a drug screen and criminal background check
· Possess excellent customer service skills.
· Possess outgoing and enthusiastic personality
· Demonstrate exceptional oral communication skills by conveying information effectively
· Possess knowledge of local area and surrounding attractions
· Demonstrate active listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand
the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Maintain a professional personal and uniform appearance in accordance with Company standards.
· Demonstrate a guest-driven service style with a sense of urgency in interactions, execution and recovery.
· Must be able to work flexible shifts/ hours (days, evenings, weekends, holidays), including overtime to
service late flights, peak volume periods, vacated shifts, and other emergency situations.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support repeated or continuous movements, such as
lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects and bending, stretching, twisting or reaching
· Ability to deal with irate customers and resolve customer issues and/or complaints
· Ability to stand, sit and walk at least 7-10 hours a day.
· Ability to work in changing weather conditions.
· Must be able to meet the following MVR guidelines:
Ø Current and valid driver’s license.
Ø Proof of insurance (state minimum)
Ø No “Major” violations within a 3 year period (DUI, speeding over 21+mph, driving without a license, etc)
Ø No more than two “Minor” violations in a 3 year period (accident, speeding < 21mph, other moving violations)
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results