Position Objective: Pop/Rock College Reps are paid part time employees who implement grassroots and online marketing campaigns. They work with area businesses, tastemakers, DJs & promoters, peer networks, on campus student body organizations and media to create avenues of exposure for key WMG pop/rock artists and projects. They offer an important "word from the street" perspective in their designated college campus communities and provide valuable consumer feedback and insight to our organization. Watch our video to learn more! http://youtu.be/OAKrg2PqSfs
- Impacts sales by exposing WEA/ADA artists locally via lifestyle, online, retail and on-campus marketing campaigns. Generates demand for releases through targeted marketing and provides feedback on project performance.
- Cultivates and leverages relationships with key tastemakers (college radio, DJs, parties, campus groups, greek life, media) in order to ignite and further word-of-mouth exposure for our artists.
- Assists with physical and digital account management by providing WEA & ADA Sales leads, and participating in weekly street blitzes. Communicates with WEA & ADA Field and Management regularly.
- Creates artist exposure opportunities at lifestyle and retail through visibility, in-store play, and consumer promotions/contests. Utilizes and distributes label and WEA & ADA generated promotional materials.
- Identifies and capitalizes on online opportunities and maintains a local WEA & ADA Twitter and Facebook page to promote WMG artists with provided digital tools.
- Understands and communicates trends in the relationship between local consumers and physical/online retailers. Provides specific consumer marketplace feedback. Acts as a youth demographic "focus group" for new/growth digital and physical businesses (e.g. vinyl, digital album cards, video, and merch).
- Sets up and facilitates area artist events (e.g. in-stores, college radio/press interviews, local appearances). Is aware of on campus and local events and communicates ideas for artist tie-ins.
- Completes bi-monthly reports on activities and attends bi-monthly college rep conference calls.
- Educates peers on legal alternatives to piracy, including increasing awareness on ad-supported, social networking, subscription service and direct-to-consumer models.
- Creates a market handbook that includes key campus organizations, administration contacts, local media contacts, DJ contacts, club and retailer contacts.
- Prior but recent music and/or marketing experience.
- Well-connected on campus and around town.
- Must live within 25 miles of the market for which you're applying.
- Able to commit to a schedule of 18 hours/week for at least two semesters.
- Deep understanding of where/how their peers consume music and an understanding of promoting urban-leaning artists/projects.
- Passion for music, the music industry, and marketing.
- Ability to work well independently, without a local supervisor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; not afraid to talk to strangers about music and regularly makes new connections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have access to a car, camera and computer.
- Must be a currently enrolled student in good academic standing with at least two semesters left before graduation.
- Albuquerque, NM
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin, TX
- Baltimore, MD
- Birmingham, AL
- Boston, MA
- Chapel Hill, NC
- Charleston, SC
- Charleston-Huntington, WV
- Charlotte, NC
- Chicago, IL
- Cincinnati, OH
- Cleveland, OH
- Denver, CO
- Des Moines, IA
- Detroit, MI
- Indianapolis, IN
- Kansas City, MO
- Knoxville, TN
- Las Vegas, NV
- Los Angeles, CA
- Louisville, KY
- Madison, WI
- Milwaukee, WI
- Nashville, TN
- New Brunswick, NJ
- New York, NY
- Norfolk, VA
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Omaha, NE
- Philadelphia, PA
- Portland, ME
- Portland, OR
- Providence, RI
- Richmond, VA
- Salt Lake City, UT
- San Antonio, TX
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Spartanburg, SC
- St. Louis, MO
- Washington, DC